THE LOOK: Simple yet chic.
INSPIRATION: John Frieda International Creative Consultant Harry Josh gave Taylor a simple, voluminous look for tonight’s Orange Is the New Black premiere, “I was thinking Madonna’s ‘Express Yourself’ video meets messy full bodied bed head,” he says.
Here is his step-by-step breakdown:
- To begin, Harry prepped her hair while washing with the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7 Day Volume In-Shower Treatment to give her full and voluminous hair that lasts for a week up to 3 washes.
- Next, he applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse from root to tip to give her hair overall fullness and lift.
- Then, Harry blow dried her hair with a flat brush focusing on creating lift at the roots, rather than creating a perfect style, by taking sections of her hair and pulling the hair up straight, blow drying at the root and finishing with a shot of cool air. Then he went back through sections of her hair quickly blow drying with a round brush.
- After blow drying, he took a 3/4 inch curling iron to create waves all over making sure to wrap the hair around the iron and leaving the very ends of her hair straight. This created a more modern, undone, curly look.
- Once the curls set, he finished off the look with John Frieda Luxurious Volume All-Day Hold Hairspray to give the hair some shine and to keep it from falling flat.
How to get the Look for Taylor Schilling courtesy of John Frieda International Creative Consultant, Harry Josh https://twitter.com/JohnFriedaUS/status/611980184435097600.